教科書 + The Life of Julia: Episode 8

  So I was finally able to obtain a download for the Kyoukasho (教科書), or "textbook", font face. It is lovely. Here is my name in said font (screencap from Microsoft Word):
Kyoukasho font
  This is the font they use in textbooks etc. in Japan to teach children the correct way to write the characters. I think the font is beautiful, actually. (Thus why I downloaded it.) Speaking of kanji, I have now completed Part 1 of James Heisig's "Remembering the Kanji 1", which means I know 276 kanji. That's about 14% of all the kanji I need to know to be able to read a Japanese newspaper - so I consider that pretty good for about... 5 months study? I can't remember exactly when I started the book. There's also quite a few kanji that I'm able to recognize just from seeing them so much, like 写真 (photograph), but if you asked me to reproduce them I wouldn't have any earthly idea how.

  Yesterday was spent in the glorious throes of cleaning and reorganizing my room. (And I'm not being sarcastic there - I love doing that kind of stuff.) I cleared my desk off, as there were papers and books scattered all over it. So now it holds: in the top left corner, Matilda (my bamboo shoot), my little container with all my paintbrushes in it, and one speaker; in the top right corner, a vase with a few purple flowers I got for my birthday (yes they're still alive), my black jar thing with clear marbles in it, my white candle on its square tray from Pier 1 Imports in the States, and my other speaker; in the bottom right corner, my purple desk lamp; and then my computer takes up about 76% of the remaining space. (No, my desk isn't that small, but my computer situation right now is a little... awkward.) How I wish I could take pictures and put them up (because I would take lots), but I STILL don't have my camera cord. For those of you who don't know this yet, I like my bedroom to be as neat as a hotel room. Yes, I'm a freakishly neat to an OCD extreme perfectionist. Get used to it.
  As for reorganizing, I pulled out the little drawer cabinet from under my desk, and so I've now made an extension to my desk-top space. On it, I put my nice-smelling reed perfume things (also from Pier 1 - I love that store), a nice rock I found on a beach Mom and I went to a while ago, and all my perfumes. My black wooden elephant and white marble scarab beetle from Egypt are also on it, both from Charlotte.
  I also rearranged/redid some of the decorations on my bookshelf; it still needs some work though, mostly in the form of buying two black wicker baskets like the ones that are on the shelf above my bed. (I need pictures...)
  All to say, my room is now nice and tidy. Not perfect yet - still got a wee bit of work to do in that respect.

Love,
 樹利亜

Comments

Popular Posts