今朝の朝ご飯、勉強について

  For breakfast this morning, I tried tamago kake gohan (卵かけご飯) once again. I made a cup of Japanese rice in the rice cooker, put half of it in a bowl, splatted an egg in a well in the center and sprinkled soy sauce and furikake on top. It was so GOOD.

  To eat it, you beat the eggs lightly with chopsticks in your bowl and mix it in with the rice. It's a very simple, easy meal - commonly eaten for breakfast in Japan. It is delicious.

  On another note, below is the outfit I'm getting for Yuusuke, my bear from Build-A-Bear. I think he will look quite handsome in them.
  Now, off to study. I really wish I had the integrity and diligence of Japanese students - though it is deemed sad by some, they study, study, study all year round. After school, they go to special classes and cram school. During holidays, they study. They don't go out with friends or amuse themselves - just study! Especially when the time comes around for the exams going into university. The exams I have in a month are pretty much the equivalent - so I should be studying like there's no tomorrow. (Because if I don't do well in these exams, there isn't.) But instead, I browse the internet for Arashi's new singles, check my email, and update this blog.
  熱心 it's called in Japanese; nesshin, enthusiasm, zeal. Complete dedication to their studies. To the Japanese, it is essential to give 100% into everything they do, whether it be school, work, or keeping the house. Reminds me of Colossians 3:23.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart,
as working for the Lord, not for men."

「何をするにも、人に対してではなく、
主に対してするように、心から働きなさい。」

  I need to throw myself into my school studies as much as I do with Japanese. After all, if I don't pass these exams in May with flying colors, I won't be able to study the thing I love in university. Whether it involves locking myself in my room with no communication with the outside world, or removing all Japanese study materials and my computer from anywhere around me for the next week... I have to get my head down and do some work.

皆さん、私のことを応援してください!

Comments

Popular Posts