My Real First Dish Set

I kinda lied… the dishes in the previous post weren't the first I ever received. Several posts ago, I mentioned that a good friend of mine and her parents, whom I officially consider my Japanese family, came over for dinner. They generously gave me several Japanese dishes and other items, as they were moving back to Japan and wouldn't be able to take them along. Ecstatic about describes the mood I was in.

DSC_0002

They're so utterly gorgeous and traditional.

DSC_0015

I'm hoping to drastically improve my Japanese culinary repertoire as I begin the exciting adventure of cooking for myself 24/7. Be sure you will hear all about my triumphs and… learning experiences as I go along. At least with these dishes I'll be able to make anything look pretty, even if it's utterly inedible…

DSC_0016

Comments

Popular Posts