The blog finally gets a makeover...

It shouldn't exactly be "finally" since that implies some degree of desperately needing one, and only just now receiving the much-overdue renovation. It was pretty before, and I was satisfied with it - but I just wanted to take it to that next level of aestheticism in blog designs. And voila!

I have no shame in admitting that I created none of the graphics (other than editing them to show titles I wanted, and scaling some down). These were bought - yes, bought - from Shabby Miss Jenn Designs for $4.89. I then worked out all the placement, coding, HTML, fonts, colours, pulling-out-hair and rubbing-hands-in-eyes-because-I've-been-staring-at-a-screen-and-lots-of- incomprehensible-code-for-too-long work. It took me all of today - meaning from 10 this morning till now at 5pm, with a few breaks for eating and other mandatory human functions - but it's finally done. And it looks beautiful, if I do say so myself.

A few tweaks still need to be made. Some of the headers in the sidebar on the right keep randomly disappearing - I blame Flickr for spontaneously changing the URLs. Also, I have another graphic for the header which has space for 2 pictures in it - I'll get around to putting that one together eventually.

So, to commemorate the event, here's a screen cap... since the design will probably change again in a few months.


Now I'm off to take some ibuprofen and do something that doesn't involve staring at a screen, like reading a book.

Comments

Popular Posts