トンカツ - Tonkatsu

  Tonight I made dinner for my huge, lovely family. I made tonkatsu, a Japanese dish - otherwise known as breaded pork cutlets. It is eaten next to a mound of shredded cabbage, and tonight I also fixed salads and rice. Lemme tell ya now, it was PRETTY AMAZIN. (Not to like, brag or anything...)

DSC00941

  This is actually a very simple meal to make. Like all my recipes done before, I am going to critique it and make notes to myself on how to improve it. First thing was to make sure that the oil wasn't too hot, and to watch the meat carefully! The first two pieces got slightly burnt. Secondly, don't fix the meat until right before you want to eat - t'was ready way before everything else, so I had to heat it up right before we all sat down. Secondly, I put too little water in the rice, so it ended up too dry. (=_=) But other than that, I think it was good! The pork was just stunning with a bit of lemon juice, soy sauce, and salt on it, which is a good alternative for tonkatsu sauce, since I didn't have any. I ate everything on my plate and still wanted more - I'm slightly piggish when it comes to good food. Beware before you invite me over to your house.

  On another note, I apologize for the very long delay in getting pictures of our trip up; I do have them, they're just... taking a while. Hopefully next post they will all be up.

Comments

Popular Posts