"Just One Love."

Hm, I'm going to do something a bit different this time. I'm going to give a review of a Japanese drama that I recently saw - 「たったひとつの恋」- "Just One Love".

First, some background information to me and dramas. I love J-dramas - I've watched a total of 7 so far and have 6 on a list of ones to see. Basically, they're just Japanese television shows that usually air for about 9-12 episodes and generally have just one season; unless they're really good, in which case they'll have two, or really really good, where they'll have three.

"Tatta Hitotsu no Koi" is the one that I finished most recently. At first, I read the storyline and thought I'd really enjoy it; but then I saw that the viewership ratings (the percentage of people in the Kanto region that watched the show) was only about 10%. However, I decided to give it a go, and I'm glad I did.

Basically, it's about a poor young man Hiroto (played by 亀梨和也) who works at the small ship repair factory he inherited from his dad, and a rich young girl named Nao (played by 綾瀬はるか) who is the daughter of the owner of a famous jewel company. The drama follows them as they meet each other and fall in love, and then struggle to overcome all the obstacles facing them.

I can honestly say that it is one of my favorite dramas I've seen so far. It's basically a Romeo/Juliet, Cinderella-type of story; probably why I liked it so much. It is definitely a tear-jerker. I thought the ending was okay, however I would've liked to see one more episode just to help round things off and answer some unanswered questions. On the whole though, I loved it, and if you're a sucker for romances like me then you will too.

Comments

Popular Posts