Life is like a River

Starting slow, becoming faster, ever-flowing, sometimes calm, sometimes harsh, and ending in a waterfall. Whether you land on rocks or the gentle sea spray at the bottom is your decision.

  Much has happened in about the past week that I feel needs to be written about. Therefore, I will write.
  Firstly, my new school. I have settled in well, and have completed four days there. (One of which was a half-day, as all Fridays are.) I've made friends and been able to talk to people in my subjects. I started my actual classes yesterday; last week was just for an induction thing. I'm taking English, History, French, Hospitality, and Digital Media/Computing.
  Le français is starting to scare me. I knew it would be hard, and I had felt confident, but now I'm not so sure that my French is up to the level it needs to be. I've only studied it for three years now! Today we did a practice Higher Listening paper, and it was well hard (as they say here). Instead of the nice question-at-a-time with short phrases of French thing that I'm normally used to, it introduced the paper in English, and then launched into a five-minute rapid spiel of French.
  Talk about scary. I was able to get a few things down, and true that I did better than most of the other members of my class, but still. I guess it's comforting that I don't have to be able to perform to that level until this time next year.
  Computing (or Digital Media - I'll end up calling it either one at times) was also interesting, in that we got to open up a computer. Very very interesting. And next lesson we get to take one apart! Yay.

  One other thing to talk about is the Bathgate Gala Day on Saturday. My dad already talked about it on his blog (Caledonia Calling on the right) so I won't go into much detail... but basically it's this big festival they have every year in Bathgate to celebrate the founder or something. Not bad - it involved a procession and then some entertainment afterwards. I went to it with my family and a couple friends from school.

  Last thing to mention is Frenzy. This is a huge (talking 7000 people) Christian concert that takes place every year in Scotland. I went to it this past Saturday afternoon, after the Gala day - and let me tell you, it was amazing. We arrived in time to see the end of Rebbecca St. James, and then saw David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin, and Delirious?. I'll have to say that Chris Tomlin was my favorite; however, DCB is also very good to hop around and dance to. We were very knackered by the end.

  And that pretty much sums up my week! As a side note, I researched WordPress because I'd heard good things about it as a blogging website, but I can verify that I still like Blogger best. WordPress didn't allow customized CSS layouts (you had to choose one of their themes), and overall it was just not as versatile as Blogger. However, I did like the options of password-protecting posts and having "pages". I think if Blogger added these two options, I would be one of the happiest people in the world. (Not like I'm not already.)

  愛 to all...

Comments

Popular Posts